× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
GM Programing
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 9/23/2009 29 Replies

Recently when attempting to reprogram a pcm on a 2004 Chevy C1500 4.3l AT. I found that during the programing process the status bar in TIS2WEB would only reach 5-10% programed before it would go back to 0%. After 3 returns to 0% the failed programing screen would appear. Now I realized that I had erased the programing and the vehicle would no longer communicate let alone start or run. I got nervous. I attempted to program the pcm as a new unit but with the same failure. Then I realized that this vehicle had an aftermarket radio, given my previos V.W. expierence I chose to remove the radio, it was then that I found a device that is designed to identify itself as the factory radio and chime and which is directly tied to the CAN bus. I unplugged this device and the programing went without further issues. I contacted the engineering department of this product and was not well recieved. They said that they will follow up with me for further info but have not as of yet. I have chosen not to name this company as I do not know the forum policy but will gladly answer any questions. Hope this will save somebody else the 2 hours I spent sweating over it. Zach at [...]

Zach from Washington

29 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.3L

Engine4.3 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.3L

Engine4.3 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)