× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: LOW GAS PRICE HOW IT WILL GO FOR YOU
Posted to Technical Theory Forum on 1/7/2015 1 Reply

And I have to agree with Dennis - I got licensed in this line of work , about that time , back then , tried a couple of jobs , local car dealers , people back then around here , had a moderate to not good opinion of mechanics , at the dealers , anyway [we were just a bunch of thieves , who smelled funny , don't ya know , and didn't even wear a mask ] - got tired of that , went to a local Texaco outlet hired on there , got to carry out the big gas price sign every day , and put it away at closing time . When the shortages started , around here , when I had to pick up the gas price sign , and carry it back in , I got called a lot of names far worse than " grease monkey " , as if it was all my fault the prices were going up .The one I'll never forget was the local "expert ", who told us every time he came in for service , that if he wasn't busy . hew would have done the work himself . He hollered at me one day , because his car wouldn't start , " just after I was supposed to have fixed it " , and when I located the source of the problem , he had filled it full of diesel fuel ,he yelled at me again , " It's just a big conspiracy ,you people can make engines to run on both fuels , you're just making it tough for us " working " folks to survive " . It was an interesting time back then .

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Green Park Services
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

1 Replies Received (View Replies)