× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Speaking of Dear
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 12/20/2014 1 Reply

One of my rides in the recent past was a Dodge Aries LE K car , had a 2.2 engine , turbo , 5 speed manual transmission , was a real sleeper - Had it out down a country road , far from town , put it out on a long straight stretch of road , downshifted from overdrive to direct , 5th to 4th , put in the turbo , wound it up and then went back in to overdrive , was watching the tach get up near the redline , a wild turkey walked off the side of the road right in front of the Dodge - there was no time to hit the brakes , it went under the front of the car . When I looked in the mirror , I saw a cloud of feathers about ten feet in the air - It took the front plastic lower bumper cover off the front of the car when it went under , scared the crap out of me - I mentioned this to a neighbor when I got home , what happened . He said " Consider yourself lucky , what would have happened if that had have been a deer ? Think about it . " - It probably would not have ended well .

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Green Park Services
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

1 Replies Received (View Replies)