× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: The white Momma cat
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 6/13/2014 4 Replies

We had moved to a house in the country , not too far outside of town , one of the girls was old enough to be out in the baby buggy , the other girl at the time was still in the crib . It was a warm Sunday afternoon , took the older girl out on the front porch , settled down with a book and a coffee. There was a big black crow that kept flying down , landing on the baby's buggy , kept trying to jump down in the buggy , I kept chasing him off , he kept coming back . I finally went in the house , got my .22 cal pellet gun , looked just like a German Luger , gas [CO2] powered . Held very still , he came back again , squeezed one off , he went down with a lot of noise . Wife heard the noise , came out , saw the crow on the front lawn making a lot of racket ,she went back in , got a bottle of isopropyl alcohol , went out on the lawn to the crow , said " Awww , poor crow , did he shoot you ? " and then poured the alcohol in the bullet hole . The crow let out one last loud screech , his buddies up in the trees decided it was time to leave , problem solved . She didn't understand that the isopropyl alcohol wasn't going to help things .

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

4 Replies Received (View Replies)