× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: They just don't care
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 2/14/2014

This one sounds something like we had in the shop not too long ago , we are a closed shop , business vehicles only , with a few exceptions , vehicle owner is friend of boss . She brought in an old Ford Aerostar , no idea where it came from , she wanted a basic lookover , plus an LOF , check the brakes , etc , my trainee refused to drive it into the shop , I had to do it - the windows were tinted brown on the inside , there was a mountain of cigarette butts on the floor from the doghouse down , the floor of the van was covered in dog hair and some white doggy torpedoes , plus leftover dog food that had been there for who knows how long. The boss walked in to see how we were doing , then he asked what the smell was , we showed him - He stuck his head inside the van and I thought he was going to hurl , he said just get it done ASAP and get it out of here . We did , it left. What surprised me was that he told us later that the owner was a retired nurse from one of our local hospitals , and that she didn't take it in for service very often .That one had me shaking my head. Just when you think you've seen them all ..........

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada