Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: They just don't care
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 2/14/2014

This one sounds something like we had in the shop not too long ago , we are a closed shop , business vehicles only , with a few exceptions , vehicle owner is friend of boss . She brought in an old Ford Aerostar , no idea where it came from , she wanted a basic lookover , plus an LOF , check the brakes , etc , my trainee refused to drive it into the shop , I had to do it - the windows were tinted brown on the inside , there was a mountain of cigarette butts on the floor from the doghouse down , the floor of the van was covered in dog hair and some white doggy torpedoes , plus leftover dog food that had been there for who knows how long. The boss walked in to see how we were doing , then he asked what the smell was , we showed him - He stuck his head inside the van and I thought he was going to hurl , he said just get it done ASAP and get it out of here . We did , it left. What surprised me was that he told us later that the owner was a retired nurse from one of our local hospitals , and that she didn't take it in for service very often .That one had me shaking my head. Just when you think you've seen them all ..........

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada