Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Bittersweet Coolant
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 1/27/2014 1 Reply

And in some cases you don't even get to work on them - I got in from work one night not too long ago , the neighbor calls me over , some diyer is working on his car - Before I could even open my mouth the guy working on the car asks me if I am a mechanic , I said I am , he says ," As far as I am concerned , mechanics are only good for ripping off little old ladies and old men with bad backs , you guys are just a bunch of thieves " - I just looked at the car owner , said " Sorry, I can't help you" and walked away - The next day I get in from work in time to see the car coming back in on a towtruck , the neighbor calls me to look at it , I get close enough to see brake fluid dripping off the bottom of the left front wheel , and I tell him , " Remember me ? - I'm the guy who rips off little old ladies and guys with bad backs , you have to take it to an authorized brake shop , I'm not getting involved" - The diyer pulled in at about the same time , flips me the bird , tells me to f*** off and mind my own business , and starts pulling his tools out of his car - One of the guys on here said that recently about choosing your battles , I'm just glad I didn't get drawn into that one and nobody got hurt - It could have been a lot worse -

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

1 Replies Received (View Replies)