× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Bittersweet Coolant
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 1/27/2014 1 Reply

And in some cases you don't even get to work on them - I got in from work one night not too long ago , the neighbor calls me over , some diyer is working on his car - Before I could even open my mouth the guy working on the car asks me if I am a mechanic , I said I am , he says ," As far as I am concerned , mechanics are only good for ripping off little old ladies and old men with bad backs , you guys are just a bunch of thieves " - I just looked at the car owner , said " Sorry, I can't help you" and walked away - The next day I get in from work in time to see the car coming back in on a towtruck , the neighbor calls me to look at it , I get close enough to see brake fluid dripping off the bottom of the left front wheel , and I tell him , " Remember me ? - I'm the guy who rips off little old ladies and guys with bad backs , you have to take it to an authorized brake shop , I'm not getting involved" - The diyer pulled in at about the same time , flips me the bird , tells me to f*** off and mind my own business , and starts pulling his tools out of his car - One of the guys on here said that recently about choosing your battles , I'm just glad I didn't get drawn into that one and nobody got hurt - It could have been a lot worse -

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

1 Replies Received (View Replies)