Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: our daughter is missing
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 1/10/2014

I can follow that line of thinking without any problem at all , Ted , and there were times in the past when I used to sit down and try to calculate the odds , worst case scenario kind of thing , and how it would affect the rest of the family - I got the right answer from one of the guys on the crew up here , he picked up on the stress factor pretty quick , and came up with the right response , he said " You would feel like you've done the right thing for about ten minutes after that , and you'll probably get about ten years to think about a better way of how you could have settled it - " -He then went on to say " I'm a native guy , from the reservation near here , and we look at it another way - We don't get mad , only dogs go mad , we just get even , and sometimes funny things happen in the middle of the night , when you're miles away , if you follow where I'm going with that " - That helped a lot to calm me down a lot , as back in the day , as Dan H. would probably understand , I had a low boiling point and a short fuse , and if anyone posed a threat to any one of my daughters , they'd learn pretty quick just how far they could push the old man - I just hope that Sukhjit comes out of this OK and that he doesn't get the short end of the stick and come out of it looking like the bad guy when all he was trying to do was to protect his daughter - All we can do as fathers is wish him well and hope for the best - Sometimes a little support from the guys makes a big difference , ask me how I know -

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada