× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
York 206 A/C Compressor
Posted to HVAC Forum on 10/10/2019 15 Replies

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how the front seal on a York 206 series prevents refrigerant from leaking out, or is it just a dust shield.

My problem is I believe I'm leaking refrigerant at the shaft seal. I removed the clutch to gain access to the shaft cover. The seal had failed, but I can't understand how a new seal will contain the refrigerant. Both original and new seal are not large enough to seal against the compressor housing. The seal fits the shaft fine, but outer circumference does not even come close to sealing at the housing.

My thinking tells me the reed valve assemblies within the valve plate is the true sealing for this compressor and it may have failed.

Something else that's odd. I added dye to the system when serviced. When I removed the shaft cover, I see no trace of dye around the bearing area.

Thank you, Dwight [York 206 service manual] [York 206 A/C Compressor] [Broken front seal] [Replacement Seal] [Front seal York Compressor] [Front Seal]

Dwight Bresemann
Owner
LSI Automotive
Oceanside, California, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

15 Replies Received (View Replies)