× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Awesome new battery tester
Posted to Tool & Equipment Forum on 11/11/2016 6 Replies

I got a demo of this yesterday, and I bought it on the spot.

OTC 3200 battery/starting/charging tester.

Just a small little box about 4" square with 2 clamps. Weighs next to nothing.

Hook it to the battery, it tests in seconds. Prompts you to start the vehicle, tests in seconds.

Now comes the cool part. Grab your smart phone, open the app. Scan the battery's bar code, and it automatically enters all the battery info. Next scan the bar code on the tool. You are done!

It shows you percent of charge, cca measured vs rated, starting volts, charging volts, alternator ripple. Super easy to use. Next page gives you all the detailed info you need. You can print or email colorful easy to read report straight from the app. You can scan the vin and it enters vehicle info automatically. You can enter the work order and customer info in as well. All the info is saved in the cloud, and you can sync all the techs in your shop and access it from one place if you are a larger shop. All for free. Updates are free through the app. App is free.

I love this thing. Price was very nice as well.

Kevin Grilliot
Owner
K&M Imports Inc
Minster, Ohio, USA

6 Replies Received (View Replies)