× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: transmission jack
Posted to Tool & Equipment Forum on 11/21/2015 3 Replies


The adapter set for Volkswagen that you need is on the left side of the attached picture. The square looking adapter on the right is for 4WD vehicles and that is sold separately. The one on the left will allow a technician to bolt virtually ANY transmission or transfer case solidly to the transmission jack, making the transmission and the transmission jack one unit.

You'd have to use it to see how absolutely universal the arms are, but trust me, they are. These adapters bolt to the jack and the transmission bolts to the adapter. http://autop.ro/9Fi [autop.ro]

Larry Bloodworth
Technical Information Specialist/Technician
Tanner Transmissions
Draper, Utah, USA

3 Replies Received (View Replies)