Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
VAS 6150B programing questions
Posted to Tool & Equipment Forum on 10/24/2012 7 Replies

Hi everyone, just wondering if some one who has the tool in use can answer some of my questions. I got my Vas a few months back and I am trying to get up to speed with the tool. I have my VAS 6150B , Geko Id, brand software for Audi and VW and have been using the tool lightly, for the most part We use Vagcom since its just faster and user friendly. So my questions deal with programing and how I go about doing it.

1-Do I need a certificate for programing, I know I need it for keys, Immobilizer functions- From VW/Audi tech literature site AUIMMRADIOSUPPORT For $29.95

2- Can I just order the update cd's from the tech literature site for the vehicles that require updates, I think the cd's are any from $20 each

3- If there is a update for a vehicle, is it downloaded after a certificate purchase or am I wrong.

Can some one run me threw the process step by step. At this point I'm a little loss and I can not find any good information on the programing process. I wish this was as easy as Mercedes makes it with the SDS and BMW programing. Thanks for any help on the process. Tony

Tony Loeza
San Carlos German Motor Works
San Carlos, California, USA

7 Replies Received (View Replies)