× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Chrysler wiTECH Purchase Information (New and Existing)
Posted to Tool & Equipment Forum on 10/1/2012 13 Replies

I contacted DCCTools, http://www.dcctools.com/en/index.html, and asked what it would cost to purchase the latested Chrysler scan tool. An account was created for me and, with the user ID and PW email, I received this: [wiTECH Special Instructions Email] Pay attention to the Special Instructions.

I was told the least expensive route is to purchase the wiTECH LITE Kit for $3650 plus shipping. This does not include the subscription to https://www.techauthority.com/en-US/Pages/ItemListing.aspx?catID=3092 ($35 3-day/$250 30-day/$1800 1-year/and various multi-user plans) should you wish to program modules.

This LITE Kit includes wiTECH Application, wiTECH VCI Pod Kit, wiTECH Access Point, and emailed setup instructions (may require some IT assistance) that are to be performed prior to delivery of the kit. It also includes email technical support.

The wiTECH System, $5842 plus shipping, includes wiTECH Application, wiTECH Access Gateway, and wiTECH VCI Pod Kit, installation/setup and technical support via phone.

Next I asked how a person should proceed if they have a wiTECH VCI Pod in their possession (let's say the Pod was purchased from a Chrysler dealership) and I was advised to purchase the wiTECH LITE Kit for $3650 (plus shipping) and a VCI Pod Support Bundle (good for 1 year) at $285. Total cost $3960 (plus programming subscription as needed). [wiTECH Price Quote] To accomplish this, they need to know the end user's account number and the serial number of the VCI Pod.

Next up, StarMOBILE. Same deal, purchase the wiTECH LITE Kit for $3650 (plus shipping) and a StarMOBILE Support Bundle (good for 1 year) at $320. Total cost $3995 (plus programming subscription as needed).

I asked about renewals and here is the response I received:

Q. What is the cost to continue/renew after the first year of wiTECH System use?

A. $1300.00 (1 Year wiTECH System Maintenance Bundle)

Q. What is the cost to continue/renew after the first year of wiTECH System use on an account that has added a previously purchased wiTECH VCI Pod to the account at the initial purchase of the system?

A. $1300.00 (1 year wiTECH System Maintenance Bundle) and $285.00 (VCI Pod Support Bundle)

Q. What is the cost to continue/renew after the first year of wiTECH System use on an account that has added a previously purchased StarMOBILE to the account at the initial purchase of the system?

A. $1300.00 (1 Year wiTECH System Maintenance Bundle) and $320.00 (StarMOBILE Support Bundle)

Q. What is the cost to continue/renew after the first year of wiTECH LITE System use?

A. Not in the shop portal yet, It is subject to change - $500.00

Q. What is the cost to continue/renew after the first year of wiTECH LITE System use on an account that has added a previously purchased wiTECH VCI Pod to the account at the initial purchase of the system?

A. $500.00 (LITE Support) and $285.00 (VCI Pod Support Bundle)

Q. What is the cost to continue/renew after the first year of wiTECH LITE System use on an account that has added a previously purchased StarMOBILE to the account at the initial purchase of the system?

A. $500.00 (LITE Support) and $320.00 (StarMOBILE Support Bundle)

Here are some of the screen shots from my visit to my wiTECH account page.

System Pricing [wiTECH System Pricing Page 1/2] [wiTECH System Pricing Page 2/2]

VCI Pod Accessories [wiTECH VCI Pod Accessories Pricing 1/2] [wiTECH VCI Pod Accessories Pricing Page 2/2]

StarMOBILE Accessories [StarMOBILE Accessories Pricing Page 1/3] [StarMOBILE Accessories Pricing Page 2/3] [StarMOBILE Accessories Pricing Page 3/3]

wiTECH Specialty Items [wiTECH Support Licenses]

wiTECH Support Bundles [wiTECH Specialty Items Page]

A very helpful Knowledge Base is available here: http://kb.dcctools.com/

So if you have a Pod that you wish to link to an account, the least expensive way in is to purchase a wiTECH LITE kit ($3650 + shipping) and then attach the first Pod to the account (DCCTools will verify the serial number and charge $285 for the support bundle). Total initial cost will be approximately $3960. Then the annual cost to remain in the game will be $500 for the wiTECH LITE kit plus $285 for the extra Pod (Total of $785/year). If you are adding a StarMOBILE to a wiTECH LITE account, the initial cost of the wiTECH LITE kit and addition of the StarMOBILE support bundle is approximately $3995. Annual renewal cost will be $820/year.

If you recently purchased or are going to purchase a wiTECH System or wiTECH LITE Kit and your experience is different than what I describe, would you please reply to this post describing your experience?

Thank you!

Dan from Virginia

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

13 Replies Received (View Replies)