× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Low Cost COP Ignition Pickup for Pico Scope
Posted to Tool & Equipment Forum on 9/22/2011 12 Replies

For those who have a Waekon 76562 COP ignition tester, it can be converted very to make a very impressive COP tester for your scope, I have tested it on a few cars and found it very good, You may have one of these in your tool box and can revitalize it buy connecting it to your scope. I connected it via a 20:1 Attenuator or safety and a spare Scope lead as you can see in the pictures. I have found the probe is not temperamental as to ware I place it on the top of the coil, witch i found with the pico supplied COP Tool. The Pickup antenna and rod can be purchased as spare parts from Waekon for about $20 they have told me, I called Mario at AES wave about making up a kit to supply every one so will have to call him to see how he is going with it. [Waekon COP with 20:1 atenuator ( Home Made)] [2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive, Ignition Waveform] [2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive, Ignition Waveform] Good luck and hope you enjoy

Martin from New Zealand

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

12 Replies Received (View Replies)