× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Teacher training for PDP's etc?
Posted to Educators Forum on 5/18/2019 8 Replies

Hi.everybody it's been several years since I have needed any help here. I have been working with a electro physiologist and a 12 lead ECG machine for a few years trying to manipulate my waveforms so as to get the best ejection fraction rate of my heart.

Anyways now that that's out of the way. I'm back at a Vocational School trying to help two new teachers get 20 pdp's annually and to connect them more with our local colleges and manufactures to help these teachers understand how important it is to connect with the industry..

I have a couple specific things I need help with

1) being names and contacts locally or in Boston maybe of business willing to help the teachers with training at low to no cost. 2) I need help from forward Automotive industry leaders that have some time to visit our shop and get the teachers to understand that a strong connected advisory committee can help them so much.

As it stands now we have to new young instructors and one that has been on staff since 1984

I personally am on the advisory committee but my ideas are often shot down.

The school does not have a huge budget and is in a rural setting in western ma.

I just started doing research again and I will try to connect within Honda NA training center in CT I also sent a email to UTI in Norwood MA. I noticed that AYES is now part of ASE ? I would like to expose these teachers to great training I have had in Boston for Audi/ Lamborghini , Toyota , etc. As I think once they see the classes they will see validity in getting their student college level training . Honda has always been great to myself and my past students .

So any other places or forums that everybody would recommend would be much appreciated .

Yes I do know the instructors should be doing this research on their own but I have time and it's all new to them..

Thanks in advance ....

Todd Cimma
Educator/Instructor
Putnam Vocational Technical High School
Springfield, Massachusetts, USA

8 Replies Received (View Replies)