× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
NASTF Fall General Meeting - Las Vegas 11-5-2014
Posted to Industry Events Forum on 10/29/2014

Fellow iATN Members,

The National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF) will hold its Fall 2014 General Meeting Nov. 5th during the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) in Las Vegas.

The NASTF meeting is part of the new Service Professionals Program at AAPEX and will be held from 1-4 p.m. PST at the Sands Expo Center/Venetian Hotel in Casanova 605.

There is no cost to attend and pre-registration with NASTF is not required however registration with AAPEX is required. Visit www.aapexshow.com to register.

The featured session, "Aftermarket Access to OEM Education Resources," will provide an opportunity for shop owners and aftermarket technicians to interact directly with key service operations managers employed by the OEM automakers, according to NASTF.

Auto makers are required by law or agreement to provide the same training information to the aftermarket as they provide to their franchise dealers. Many automakers provide much more than is required, but all of it is grossly underutilized by aftermarket technicians, according to NASTF.

The NASTF panelists in this session will attempt to understand and correct this disconnect between available resources and the needs of the aftermarket technician.

The Committee Segment of the meeting will include updates on projects by NASTF committees, including: Vehicle Security, Equipment & Tool, Collision Repair, Service Information, Education and Communications.

I've included the agenda for the event below:

1:00 Chair's Welcome & State of NASTF Report to the Membership (Steve Douglas)

1:15 Aftermarket Access to OEM Education (PRESS RELEASE: http://www.nastf.org/files/public/NASTF%20news%20releases/140828-GenMtg.pdf )

2:15 National MOU -- What does it mean for servicing 2018MY vehicles? (Steve Douglas)

2:45 Vehicle Security -- Keeping the Registry Secure

3:00 Communications -- Promoting NASTF

3:10 Education -- OEM Education Resource Guidelines Project

3:20 Service Information -- SIRs that work

3:30 Equipment & Tool -- STIR update

3:40 Collision Repair -- The NASTF role

3:50 Ask the Executive Director (Skip Potter)

4:00 Close

For those unable to attend the events during AAPEX/SEMA during which the NASTF Fall General Meeting is held, NASTF is again planning to broadcast the entire 3-hour event from www.nastf.org. Additionally, the broadcast will be recorded and made available later from the NASTF YouTube Channel located here: https://www.youtube.com/user/NASTFdotOrg

Hope to see you there and please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Skip Potter
Educator/Instructor/Consultant
Nat'l Automotive Service Task Force
Saint Johns, Florida, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail