Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
solus ultra bmw
Posted to Snap-on Handheld Users Group on 1/20/2013 41 Replies

So i Just got the new update, I was working on a 06-x5 with a 4wd light. I came up with one hard code d35b dsc communication-I cant fully remember description of the code. The code was in the abs section of my scanner. No service info anywhere that i could find. I tried calling identafix, they had no description of this code. they told me my scanner was the issue. I used the shops genisys an it told me d35b manufacture specific code. We then took the vehicle to two different shops. one had the vehicle for a week, tossed in an encoder motor and abs module without fixing it. the other said it was the dsc sensor that was covered by the bmw extended warantee. The warantee is expired and the thing is back in my lap. They both laughed at my use of the snap on scanner on the bmw one saying that its only good to '03 bmws. I gotta say its a real kick in the balls, especially after I just dropped a grand on the "new" software. Is there a specific module for 4wd that I can't get into?

Has anyone else been down this road with their snappy scanners? I gotta feeling I'm being lied to by the other shops an identafix. I believe the code is valid and has service information.

Nick Kilpatrick
Nick kilpatrick
Somerset, Wisconsin, USA

41 Replies Received (View Replies)