× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
No start, multiple comms codes
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 4/25/2018 7 Replies

Vehicle was towed in for a No-Start issue. Original technician (who is no longer here at the facility) determined that there is an issue with the ESP. DIC displays the error message "ABS & ESP CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE". Was unable to jump the vehicle, starter briefly engages then quits. Attempted to use the crank feature on a battery charging system, but the vehicle acts like the battery is almost dead, as if the charger isn't hooked up. Scanned for codes, received multiple low power, power supply out of range, & power supply outside of valid range indicators. I'm thinking that this may be a battery issue, the other tech feels that the former tech is more correct in assuming that it's ignition related. Since we focus more on Domestic and Asian vehicles, I'd like to have whatever input may be available, since any work that needs done initially has to be outside in the lot...with the loss of power codes we cannot get the vehicle into Neutral to push it into a bay.

Joseph Wentzel
Technician
All-Timate Auto Repair
New Kensington, Pennsylvania, USA

7 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2009 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic Sport 3.0L No Start

Engine3.0 L
Trans7-speed Automatic (Electronic)
SymptomsNo Start

car Vehicle Data

2009 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic Sport 3.0L No Start