× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Power windows inop
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 8/28/2015 25 Replies

I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE. The power windows are inoperative. I checked call the fuses, circuit breakers and relays. I checked for power at the master switch in drivers door. No power. I checked for power at the module in the drivers door. Power to the module but none out. I replaced the module with a NEW module. Now I have power out of the module to the main harness connector in the door. I checked and have power on the backside of that connector going towards the switch, but still no window or mirror or power door lock operation. What am I missing? I cannot seem to get power to the main switch. Also there is a harness with a 4 wire connector that seems to be extra that has no place to connect to. I have triple checked my connections and where they connect to. I am at a total loss. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Ben Makowski
Owner/Technician (Retired)
Ben Makowski
North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA

25 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8L

Engine3.8 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8L

Engine3.8 L