× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
2014 Ram and Jeep 3.6L Oil Leak
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 2/5/2015 10 Replies

2014 Ram 1500 3.6L engine, At 12,000 Miles I changed the oil at the shop I work at, at 14,100 Miles developed a large oil leak running down the bell housing and getting the catalytic converter wet with oil, took the truck to the dealership for them to investigate an after a few hours the service adviser said they see this quite often after other shops change the oil filter, untrained techs cracked the housing by over tightening, and was not covered under my warranty. After reading several online post, I took the oil filter housing out and found no cracks and there are 3 glued plugs in the oil ports at the lower front and right side below the filter area that are leaking. After checking availability the part is on a large back order. I posted pictures so techs and shops can see what to look for. 2014 Ram 1500 HFE, Engine/Propulsion Photo 2014 Ram 1500 HFE, Engine/Propulsion Photo

Howard Garr
Manager/Shop Foreman
Brakes Plus
Englewood, Colorado, USA

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail

10 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 3.6L

Engine3.6 L

car Vehicle Data

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 3.6L