× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Another compression waveform
Posted to Technical Discussion Forum on 10/13/2010 35 Replies

Hello Group.

I have this 2000 blazer that has misfires on number 3 cylinder. The ignition waveform looks like this .[2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS, Ignition Waveform]. Here is the comnpression waveform of number 3 along with the number 3 2ndaRY. [2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS, Engine/Propulsion Waveform]. The compression pressure is low at idle which is 28 psi. Here is a more detailed view of the same number 3 cylinder.[2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS, Engine/Propulsion Waveform]. This is from the number 5 cylinder and is known good. [2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS, Engine/Propulsion Waveform]. The compression is above 90 psi at idle.

The low compression cylinder is low but I dont see in the waveform a problem in the exhaust valve or intake valve opening or closing. Does anyone see a problem with the valves here? If there is not a problem of valve sealing then whats the cause of the low compression? Thanks for your comments.

Mark from Ontario

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

35 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3L

Engine4.3 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3L

Engine4.3 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)