× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
1998 international 3800 DT466E no start
Posted to HD/Fleet Forum on 12/12/2018 8 Replies

1998 international bus DT466E starts up great when cold no codes ipr desired/actual matches plenty of power after running approximately 10 minutes idle, revved up, or under load the engine will shut down and wont restart. scoped cam sensor when problem occurs sensor is not dropping out, solid 0 to 5v square wave. IPR pressure stays matching desired 1100 psi cranking. checked powers at all fuses and circuit breakers on the female terminals themselves to ensure I am not losing voltage at the fuse. After the bus shuts off if you loosen the line after the mechanical pump fuel sprays out under pressure. You can do a KOEO injector test when its a no start and all injectors buzz/click strong. I don't lose com with the ECM when the problem is present. trying to figure out what I am missing any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

John Wayne Mayo
Technician
Consolidated Citrus
Arcadia, Florida, USA

8 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

1998 International 3800 7.6L

Engine7.6 L

car Vehicle Data

1998 International 3800 7.6L

Engine7.6 L