× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: GM & other late model head lamp concerns
Posted to Industry Issues Forum on 3/5/2015 1 Reply

For what it's worth , Gary , I got called once to rebuild an engine in a sawmill ,it turned out to be a Red Seal Continental Engine ,six cylinder , flathead ,300 CID . I found a blown head gasket ,and that's when I thought I was in over my head , with no graceful way to leave it , and that is when the owner told me , Tell me what you need , it will be here in a week . I honestly thought the old fella had slipped a couple of cogs , told him I'd be back in a week .When I did return , he handed me a package , new head gasket , new head bolts , and other related hardware .Then he tells me he had ordered the parts from a U. S. company , it was called JCWhitney ,don't ask me where they are ,I have no idea , they put the package together for him ,shipped it , they even had the dollar exchange , and the duty figured out .A day later , that old Continental engine fired up ,it ran so smooth , it made a person forget just how old it really was .

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Green Park Services
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

1 Replies Received (View Replies)