× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: RO Writer support - waited two weeks for response
Posted to Shop Management Forum on 5/23/2016 1 Reply

Jeff,

I have been having tech support issues for about a year and a half. Thursday evening Window decided to forcibly upgrade us to "10" Friday morning we placed a "shop down" down call to have tech support upgrade our license on the server. I realize that this happened to a lot of shops on Friday and their tech support department got overwhelmed.

My problem is that we called at 8:15 am on Monday and we were told 40 minutes. Here I am at 10:45 am on Monday still waiting. Since R O Writer is now owned by Tire Kingdom, I believe that tech support is taking care of "their own" shops first.

RO Writer is undoubtedly the best software I have used but it isn't worth 2 cents if breaks and you can't get it fixed, especially when you are paying a monthly fee for tech support. I am deeply regretting my decision to purchase of this software.

I have previously recommended this software to other shop owners in my organization, but will no longer endorse it.

Gary Uhlman
Owner/Manager
Gary's Automotive
Laurel, Maryland, USA

1 Replies Received (View Replies)