Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Posted to Shop Management Forum on 8/14/2015 12 Replies

Hi, this is Mike Coley with ASE. I apologize for the trouble you had yesterday. First, the Prometric customer service agent you spoke with didn't get our refund policy right -- you can cancel any test within three days of purchase and get a full refund. After that, you get a store credit. So if you still want to cancel, no problem, I can take care of that. I think it would be faster than contacting your credit card company.

I see that you registered for A1 through A8 recert tests, plus several others. As others on this thread have noted, it is still possible to take all eight Auto recert tests in one day, but honestly, 11 tests (including L1 recert) would be a stretch. We could not have accommodated that many back when the testing was on paper and pencil at the local voc-ed school.

I'll give you a call at the shop today (Friday) to talk about what happened yesterday, and see what we can do to correct it.

Again, I apologize for the trouble, and hope that you will give us a chance to make it right.

Mike Coley Sr. VP, ASE

Ps. If anyone else out there is having trouble with the myASE website or scheduling appointments at Prometric (or you just have a question), please reach out to our Customer Service team. They are based in Leesburg, VA and are available from 8 am to 5 pm Mon-Fri Eastern time. Call 1-800-390-6789 (choose option 9) or send an email to [...].

Also, if you are thinking about registering for ASE tests, but are wondering what appointment times are available, check out You can check for seat availability at the Prometric test center before you pay for the tests.

Mike Coley
Leesburg, Virginia, USA

12 Replies Received (View Replies)