Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Fishing for ideas on marketing. Shop re-opening
Posted to Shop Management Forum on 2/21/2013 16 Replies

(Please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong forum, or made other mistakes).

This is my first post on IATN, probably my fourth post to a forum of any kind so please bear with me if I seem out of my element. I have searched these forums quite a bit over the years and have always found my question had been asked and answered already. I would like to put out a request for direct advise this time. I am involving myself in a project for an invaluable associate of mine, helping him with a modern marketing strategy for his shop.

So, I have come to humbly request advise, ideas, warnings, etc. from the immense collective wisdom shared here. Specifically, I want to work on a logo for the shop that will represent the shop for the quality of service it provides. In my area, most shops use the business name in bold letters as their logo and call it a day. While the name will have to be included, I would like to incorporate an image that is recognizable and conveys my associate's commitment to professionalism. I am stumped at the moment, any help with ideas or where to find inspiration would be great. The shop is a small (four techs max) service station with towing. Towing is a focus and will be in the name/logo.

Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated. I hope this project will allow me to show my gratitude to a great friend and ally in the local auto community.

Cory Norton
Service Advisor/Technical Writer
Winner Ford
Dover, Delaware, USA

16 Replies Received (View Replies)