× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
2008, 2009, 2010 Mazda 3 Cabin Air Filter
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 12/28/2010 10 Replies

While performing the 30,000 mile service on this 2009 Mazda 3 I needed to replace the cabin air filter. For some reason Mazda thought it would be a good idea to make this task more difficult than it should be.

To start with the cabin filter is located under the dash at the firewall at the front of the tunnel. You need to remove the under dash hush panel from the passenger side and the right side tunnel trim panel. Then you need to disconnect and remove the passenger side fuse panel. Remove the two nuts securing the fuse panel mount bracket and remove the wire harness retainer clips from the bracket. Remove the 4 screws that hold the cover for the cabin air filter in place and remove the cover. The cabin air filter is a two piece unit. You slide the first piece in and lift it up and hold it in place while you slide the second piece in place.

Reassemble everything and you are all set. First time including pictures took me about 25 minutes. It should take about 15 minutes after you have done one or two.

Eric from Wisconsin

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

10 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2009 Mazda 3 i 2.0L

Engine2.0 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2009 Mazda 3 i 2.0L

Engine2.0 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)