× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
2005 Chrysler Pacifica 3.8 P0016,P0300 broken flexplate
Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 12/11/2008 16 Replies

Hi folks the vehicle came in with a cam crank synch code and random missfire code. I know this engine platform has had a issue with the flywheels for some time but when searching the archives I could not find any waveforms for this specific application and I was able to get a few uploaded of before and after the repair with some pics.

broken [2005 Chrysler Pacifica, ECM/Inputs/Outputs waveform]

repaired [2005 Chrysler Pacifica, ECM/Inputs/Outputs waveform]

Please notice this thing had barely moved the alignment of these signals but was enough for the NGC controller to flag some codes and after measuring 18.0hg at idle of vacuum and the alignment of the signals was enough for me to take a look at the wheel with the trans removed.

I thought it might be usefull to share some of the repair here and suggest if you suspect a cracked or broken flexplate to try and view the inspection area in transmission bell for a rusty powder as a indicator of a broken componet this one had a fine collection of dry rusty powder on the flywheel.Also with the wheel still attached to the engine it is very hard to see the broken area as it is covered by a additional bolt plate.

rusty indicator [2005 Chrysler Pacifica, Engine/Propulsion photo]

broken flexplate [2005 Chrysler Pacifica, Engine/Propulsion photo]

repaired flexplate [2005 Chrysler Pacifica, Engine/Propulsion photo]

Also keep in mind all of these Ive ever seen or even heard about had absolutley no noise .

I hope this can help someone in the future ..... Happy Holidays Tperk.

Thomas from Missouri

Files Referenced:

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

16 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2005 Chrysler Pacifica 3.8L

Engine3.8 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2005 Chrysler Pacifica 3.8L

Engine3.8 L
Trans4-speed Automatic (Electronic)