× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
BRAKE LIGHT INOP
Posted to Technical Theory Forum on 8/20/2014 28 Replies

Whats up everyone, this is mostly for you nissan techs or anyone who can justify why nissan gives the abs control unit/actuator the ability to ground pin 35(BRL OUT) to pin 2 control side on the stop lamp relay, which opens the relay contacts and interrupt power supply to brake lights causing the lights not to work. My buddy from another shop had this problem and and he replaced the abs module because of abs lights and malfunctions hoping this was related which it wasn't, it was just a shorted wire. Their is no splices just a wire from abs module to brake light relay to open contacts.WHY But i have been reading trying to figure out why and have not been successful.

MY QUESTION IS WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO DISABLE THE BRAKE LIGHTS---ITS BURNING A HOLE IN MY BRAIN--I FIXED THE ISSUE BUT CANT STOP THINKING WHY THIS CIRCUIT EXISTS.

Hopefully someone knows

Jarrod James
Technician/Manager
A2 Auto Repair
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

28 Replies Received (View Replies)

car Vehicle Data

2006 Nissan Armada LE 5.6L

Engine5.6 L
Trans5-speed Automatic (Electronic)

car Vehicle Data

2006 Nissan Armada LE 5.6L