× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Whats the biggest bullet you've dodged?
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 1/15/2015 4 Replies

And , like John , on the tech side of things , I got called to look at a Ford 4x4 farm tractor ,neighbor's tractor, owner was complaining of a misfire in the engine , when I get there , the tractor operator asks me to check the wheels before I check the engine , he was complaining about the way it was driving , I walked around the back of the tractor ,he had a set of cultivators all folded up behind the tractor . I just barely got past the cultivators , spotted the tube sticking out from the side of the tire , and before I could even say a single word , I hear this loud crash and a jingling sound behind me , I looked behind me to see the cultivators sitting on the floor , in his shop , exactly where I had just walked thru , looked up to see the tractor operator leaning on the hydraulic controls , with one of his elbows directly on the handle for the cultivators. He had released them , hydraulic pressure had gone to zero , and they hit the floor . After he hears the noise , he was talking to the tractor owner , he glanced over at me , says " Oh , Sorry " and kept right on talking . Talk about having the s**t scared out of you .

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Green Park Services
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

4 Replies Received (View Replies)