Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Whats the biggest bullet you've dodged?
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 1/15/2015 4 Replies

And , like John , on the tech side of things , I got called to look at a Ford 4x4 farm tractor ,neighbor's tractor, owner was complaining of a misfire in the engine , when I get there , the tractor operator asks me to check the wheels before I check the engine , he was complaining about the way it was driving , I walked around the back of the tractor ,he had a set of cultivators all folded up behind the tractor . I just barely got past the cultivators , spotted the tube sticking out from the side of the tire , and before I could even say a single word , I hear this loud crash and a jingling sound behind me , I looked behind me to see the cultivators sitting on the floor , in his shop , exactly where I had just walked thru , looked up to see the tractor operator leaning on the hydraulic controls , with one of his elbows directly on the handle for the cultivators. He had released them , hydraulic pressure had gone to zero , and they hit the floor . After he hears the noise , he was talking to the tractor owner , he glanced over at me , says " Oh , Sorry " and kept right on talking . Talk about having the s**t scared out of you .

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Green Park Services
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

4 Replies Received (View Replies)