Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Good Deed for the Day
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 6/3/2014 4 Replies

I met up with an old friend at a local coffee shop in the morning , got to talking shop . He still works at a local car/truck shop , light duty , told me about an incident they had there . A nice little Chevy step side pickup came in for a vehicle safety inspection , family keeper , he said it was really clean , no apparent problems , or so they thought . They certified it , some minor repairs , let it go , it came back three days later on a tow truck , it had a severe brake failure in downtown traffic , the owner is pretty quick to respond to this type of occurrence , he made a hard right in downtown traffic , bounced it over a curb and got it stopped in a mall parking lot . Once they had it back up on the hoist they found out the brake line had let go inside the frame underneath the gas tank ,had to replace the main front to rear line . It went to court , they explained that it was almost impossible to inspect brake lines when they are covered up like that , I told him about iATN , he asked me to ask the forum for suggestions , he doesn't want a repeat incident like that . The pickup owner is a good customer of theirs , he was shook up by it , but he just wants a reasonable answer .Any suggestions , guys ? Thanks in advance .

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

4 Replies Received (View Replies)