Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Bad Driving Habits
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 1/16/2014 4 Replies

The boss picked me up one morning at the shop , we had to go to a jobsite between Oakville and Toronto , machine had quit , he got out on the big road , got the truck up to max allowable speed - 100 KmH - we're discussing possible problems about said machine , he says - Hold on , got a call - Traffic is bumper to bumper , it's all good , everybody is running at the same rate , He looks in the mirror , I look out the back window of the truck , the guy behind us is so close I can't even see the front of the car , he's giving the boss the finger , then I remembered he had a phone number on the back of the truck and a short expression painted on the tailgate that said if you don't like my driving call this number , which was the boss's cell phone - The guy behind us is giving him pain about being in the way and kept telling him to hurry up - The boss then briefly tapped the brake pedal and then let it go , and then asked the guy who was still on the phone Oh , by the way ,are my brake lights working ? - The guy backed off , got off the phone , I wondered if he needed a change of shorts after that , he took the next exit and left us alone -

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

4 Replies Received (View Replies)