× Auto Repair Pros Member Benefits TechHelp Knowledge Base Forums Resources My iATN Marketplace Chat Pricing About Us Join Industry Sponsors Video Members Only Repair Shops Auto Pro Careers Auto Pro Reviews
Join Now
International Automotive Technicians Network
Re: Bad Driving Habits
Posted to Open Discussion Forum on 1/16/2014 4 Replies

The boss picked me up one morning at the shop , we had to go to a jobsite between Oakville and Toronto , machine had quit , he got out on the big road , got the truck up to max allowable speed - 100 KmH - we're discussing possible problems about said machine , he says - Hold on , got a call - Traffic is bumper to bumper , it's all good , everybody is running at the same rate , He looks in the mirror , I look out the back window of the truck , the guy behind us is so close I can't even see the front of the car , he's giving the boss the finger , then I remembered he had a phone number on the back of the truck and a short expression painted on the tailgate that said if you don't like my driving call this number , which was the boss's cell phone - The guy behind us is giving him pain about being in the way and kept telling him to hurry up - The boss then briefly tapped the brake pedal and then let it go , and then asked the guy who was still on the phone Oh , by the way ,are my brake lights working ? - The guy backed off , got off the phone , I wondered if he needed a change of shorts after that , he took the next exit and left us alone -

Roger Rutledge
Technician/Shop Foreman
Riverside Landscape Contractors Inc
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

4 Replies Received (View Replies)